" With technical audits, process optimizations and specific training courses we bring the knowledge into your plant to increase the performance of your carbon products."
Technical Services Vice President
R&D Carbon organizes conferences in the field of carbon products for the Aluminum industry, as well as training courses about anode raw materials, anode production and anode behavior in the smelter. Training courses can be held either in Switzerland or on-site, tailored to the needs of the plant in question.
The 9ᵗʰ International Training Course
"Anodes - From the Raw Materials
to the Pot Performance"
26 – 30 September 2022
R&D Carbon has created this course more than 20 years ago and continuously updated and upgraded it since then. More than 1’400 professionals from all over the world have attended the course so far and have given the most positive feedback.
The course follows a clear systematic structure and provides a balance of deep general and specific information. The participants of the course shall reach the following objectives:
• Get familiar with the essentials of the production of the anode raw materials, prebaked anodes and aluminium
• Understand the capabilities and limitations of the raw material producers to influence the raw material quality
• Understand the requirements of the aluminium producers
• Understand the influence of the raw material quality on the anode properties
• Understand the influence of the anode production process on the anode quality and performance in the pots
• Understand the measures and methodologies to improve the anode quality and reduce the production cost
• Gain technical competency to resolve carbon-related issues in aluminium smelters
• Get the ability to quickly find specific information in the personal, systematically structured proceedings serving as a reference book
Please check our Program for more details on the course, registration and conditions:
• From aluminium smelters and anode plants: carbon plant managers, production superintendents, laboratory managers and process engineers from carbon and potroom area
• Suppliers of raw materials (calcined coke and coal tar pitch)
• Suppliers of processing equipment in carbon plant
• Professional with commercial background in buying, selling or trading carbon products
DELTAPARK Resort (Deltaweg 29, 3645 Thun-Gwatt, Switzerland)
Rooms should be booked through R&D Carbon to take advantage of the special rate.
For hotel information and directions from the airport check their website: www. deltapark.ch
The registration shall be made prior to 31 August 2022.
We offer a discount of CHF 600 for early booking before 31 May 2022 and CHF 300 for booking before 30 June 2022.
* from the same plant site
The registration fee includes all course materials, all meals, coffee breaks and organized social activities. The hotel accommodation is not included in the fee. Registrations can only be confirmed upon receipt of payment or proof of payment. Discounted fees only apply when payment is received within the offer period. Cancellation is possible free of charge until 10 September 2022.
For further information and help with registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
R&D Carbon’s next User Meeting will be announced when the travel restrictions related to Covid-19 will be over.
R&D Carbon invites its customers using its
• Carbon Test Equipment
• Laboratory Testing Services
• Technical Assistance
• Bake Furnace Firing System
to attend the User Meeting that is held each year in a different location.
The purpose and goals are discussions of strategies to improve the quality and performance of carbon products with case studies.
Who should attend: carbon plant managers, production superintendents, laboratory managers and process engineers from carbon and potroom area, as well as suppliers of raw materials.
If you are interested in further information, please contact email@example.com.